ILUNION wants everybody to be able to visit the pages of this website with no access difficulties, irrespective of any disabilities, their age or their use of unconventional technologies.
To this end, the ILUNION has complied with the Web 2.0 content accessibility guidelines established by the W3C (World Wide Web Consortium).
Some of the functionality used in the ILUNION´s website to make content access as easy as possible includes:
- The visual characteristics of the website (font, font colour, background, etc.) are defined using a stylesheet so that users can adjust the text to their preferences.
- The font sizes have been defined in relative units so that the font size can be increased or decreased using browser options.
- Visiting the website using a browser that does not support stylesheets is no problem, as all of the content can be accessed with CSS deactivated.
- The pages have a clear structure so that they are accessible to users who can see all of the content, users who use screen readers, users who deactivate stylesheets, etc. To achieve this objective, all the section headings, lists and other elements that help in general understanding of the website have been defined in the HTML code.
- The site’s HTML and CSS code uses formal grammar to ensure that the content can be viewed correctly in different browsers.